Nomination Form for 2013
The 2013 Induction ceremony is planned for the evening of Thursday, September 19 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown hotel as part of the Annual Conference of the Oklahoma Municipal League.
Deadline for Submission. Transmitting the Nomination Form by email is the preferred means of submission. Nominations must be received by e-mail no later than 5 pm, July 10, 2013 or postmarked no later than July 8, 2013. Send nomination forms by email (preferred) to email@example.com; or by postal mail to Harold Pumford, 104444 S 3520 Road, Prague, OK 74864.
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING ESSENTIAL CONSIDERATIONS
1. The Oklahoma Hall of Fame for City and Town officials (HoF) recognizes people who have made significant contributions to local government beyond their own community. Quite often those submitting nominations overlook this essential, primary consideration in their quest to make others aware of an individual they think deserves recognition for their service to their local community. Thousands of individuals daily make a difference in the cities and towns in Oklahoma. Many do so day after day, year after year, even decade after decade. But to rise to the level required for induction into the HoF their efforts must have made a significant difference to local government service beyond their own community. Otherwise, they are more likely eligible for one of many other awards recognizing municipal service in Oklahoma; but not the HoF.
2. Those evaluating the nominations likely have no prior knowledge or awareness of a nominee. Therefore, they rely solely on the material in the nomination form or support letters to gauge the worthiness or merit of individual nominees. Nominators should not rely upon a person’s “well known or well documented” reputation as sufficient to secure their selection as an inductee.
Eligibility. To be eligible for induction into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame for City and Town Officials, an individual either must serve or have served as an elected, paid professional or appointed official of a city, town, public trust, or organization(s) that pursues the advancement of municipal government. Honorees must have served in one or a combination of the above capacities in Oklahoma and must exemplify the positive spirit of public service with unquestioned ethics. THE PRIMARY consideration for inductees is that through their service they must have made significant contributions to local government beyond their own community, which must be demonstrated in the nomination materials .
Selection Criteria. In addition to the requirements outlined above, nominees who meet one or more of the following criteria will receive enhanced consideration:
1. Their nomination is supported by at least two but no more than four character-reference letters.
2. They have received awards or special recognition from municipal government(s) and/or professional associations.
3. They have been recognized and rewarded for their local government service by organizations outside of their own local government and/or their affiliate organization.
4. They are (or have been) a member in good standing of an association or associations related to the position.
5. They are (or have been) active in service or civic organization(s) within the community.
6. The number of years of service in Oklahoma also will be considered.
7. Any other factors pointed out by individuals making nominations that may elevate the stature of the nominee above the majority of others holding similar positions.
Other Considerations. Up to four character-reference letters and/or resolutions not exceeding one page each, and the nominee’s resume or vita also should be submitted.
REMINDER: Deadline for Submission. Transmitting the Nomination Form by email is the preferred means of submission. Nominations must be received by e-mail no later than 5 pm, July 10, 2013 or postmarked no later than July 8, 2013. Send nomination forms by email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by postal mail to Harold Pumford, 104444 S 3520 Road, Prague, OK 74864.
For additional information on the Oklahoma Hall of Fame for City and Town Officials Foundation, or questions in regard to the nomination process, please contact Harold Pumford, Foundation Secretary, at 405-567-5388, or at email@example.com.
You may click on this link to download the full application.